If you need a sander to cover a larger area, sheet sander is the right tool for you. Its rectangle pad covers a big area, and you can drive the sander continuously in a straight line. Makita BO4900V is a sheet sander that features variable speed. You can enjoy 4,000 to 10,000 OPM with this Makita sander. It will help you drive the sander in a straight line, and that is really enjoying when you are working on a long wood piece. Its variable speed can help you to perform the sanding job, according to the need. It will not let you down. On the following lines, we are going to discuss the details of this sheet sander.
Whom is this product for?
When you have a long piece of wood this kind of rectangular sheet sander comes into action. This kind of sander is helpful to keep a straight line with the sander and complete the sanding job without any gap. You can’t drive this sander in an orbital way. So, there is no confusion left for the users on sheet sander vs orbital sander.
|Dimensions||11-3/8" x 4-1/2" x 7-1/2"|
|Net Weight||6.2 lbs|
|Sanding Paper Size||Conventional Type 4-1/2" x 11"; Hook-and-Loop 4-1/2" x 9"|
Makita BO4900V Explained
Are you in confusion on how to sand wood? When you have a Makita sander around you, there is nothing to be tense. This tool can be a great addition to any sanders corner. If you are looking for the detail sanders for wood, it can help you to some extent but not all the time. 2.9 ampere motor of this tool facilitates the tool with variable speed. You will be able to enjoy 4000 OPM to 10,000 OPM with this sander. This variable speed helps the users to work on different strength pieces comfortably. The speed variation of this tool is enough to be the best finishing sander.
This might not be the best portable electric sander, but the facilities you earn from this tool helps to forget about the portability. Within the workspace, you can comfortably move with it and enjoy the sanding. Also, you can easily carry the tool one place to another as it is only 6.2 lbs in weight. Its standard plugs will help you to plug in anywhere and start sanding. It has got the best dust catching tools with it to make sure the working environment is always in favor of the user. The package comes with a paper bag to collect the dust. Many of the users find this bit awkward as you have to change the paper bag frequently. Also, many users convert it to a vacuum sander by using a vacuum cleaner with its dust port.
We Liked It Because
- Uses either 4-1/2" x 9" hook and loop or 4-1/2" x 11-inches half-sheet sanding paper
- Simply hooks-up to a vacuum hose for excellent dust collection
- Large trigger switch for smooth and simple operation
- Different speed control dial (4,000 - 10,000 OPM) to match the sanding speed to the material
- Ergonomically designed contoured-grips offer different hand placements and eliminate operator fatigue
- Large cam-lock clamping device for quick and simple abrasive paper changes
- Comprises disposable dust bag
What We Did Not Like?
- It would have been excellent in quality if they had a permanent solution for dust collection
Common Questions and Answers
- Question : How to make the best use of the sandpaper sheet? Answer :
To make the best use of the tool you should use a punch plate to get the sandpaper ready to set perfectly on Makita B04900V. You can make it on your own or buy ready-made.
- Question : Is the regular sandpaper sheet ok with it? Answer :
You can easily use the regular sheets that you can manage from the local market. You just need to cut the sandpaper according to its size.
- Question : Is there any way to manage a permanent dust bag for this sheet Sander? Answer :
The paper bag provided with the package is great and can be used for many times. If you want a permanent solution, then try vacuum cleaner with the sander to keep the working environment fresh.
- Question : What else am I getting with the package without the machine? Answer :
You will get 120-grit sandpaper and a dust collector with one disposable bag.
This Makita sander has got everything to satisfy a user. It’s not an easy task to get a quality sheet sander like this. It will be able to make you a fan over orbital vs sheet sander confusion. Its variable speed gives you the freedom to work with a single sander on many objects which is convenient for a woodworker. Makita just needs to improve this tool with their dust collection bag otherwise everything is above average.